Staff: 82people (36 logistic) (22 commercial logistics) (12 commercial) (2 Technical Support) (8 administration) (2 Management)
Vehicles: 16 vehicles, 8 stackers, 12 order pickers
Representations: 187 brands
Catalogue references: 31,645
Spare parts references: 7856
IMNASA catalogue pages: 1612 (1534 products)
HISTORY OF IMNASA
Imnasa marine products began its activity in 1978.
The Arcoa company located in S.Feliu de Guíxols had at that time the import of Renault marine Engines(Renault marine Couach)and offered to be a distributor for Spain to the Renault car dealer in town, Mr. José Donatiu. With the incorporation of automotive professionals the activity began in the dealership offices and over the years elements related to engines were incorporated, such as propellers, brackets, cables, steering, etc.
Subsequently, the activity was moved to small premises of 50m2 and with an adapted bus they travelled all over Spain showing the engines and offering mechanics courses to those who are now great professionals in the nautical world. In 1980 the first printed catalogue appeared with a sailing ship on the cover, together with a rudder. In 1988 the propeller logo was added to the catalogue, denoting its specialised market for engines, propellers and their accessories. At this time the Company was already working with an installation of 120m, and in 1994 the Nanni and Nissan engines were no longer marketed. In 1996 the Company decided to expand its product lines and entered the market for display electricity and nautical lighting. In 2000 the Company added a warehouse in Sant Feliu, one in Palamós (850m2) and another in Sta. Cristina de Aro (400m2). In 2002 the Company started to organise its Export Department and in 2005 it entered the French market. The company continues to add new lines to its catalogue and in 2006 starts to work with American engine parts, but due to space problems and not being able to obtain permits for new facilities, it delays its expansion plans until 2007, when it finally inaugurates in September a 10.000m2, 12 metres high facility and moves all its staff to an industrial area near Girona Airport. With this installation in place, IMNASA can resume its path and enters the Acastillage sector with LEWMAR, completing a large catalogue. In 2008 it began to export to other countries and started to manufacture material under its own brand, working with the best brands on the market. In 2021 it doubled its facilities with the construction of a three-storey building of 9.000m2 for logistics, storage and assembly of material. It also incorporates much more staff, for its new departments, and to be able to customise the products offering a greater diversity as well as a better service.
IMNASA expands its full service plan and aims to establish itself as a benchmark in the global marine sector.